Thursday, April 26, 2007

Only 2 Weeks to Go!


It is hard to believe that the time is finally drawing near. It does not seem real to me yet. I know there are things that I should probably be doing, but I am not really sure what they are. At the same time I don't want to get things ready too early. I am pretty much packed. I have this fear that I will get all the way over to China and slap my head because I forgot something important!
Things still left to do: Go to bank and get money; pack for my daughter that is staying behind-this is the task that is overwhelming more than anything. Isn't that funny? Double check and make sure I have all the gifts needed; and so much more.
We received a skeleton of an itinerary today. Here it is:

May 9 Leave for LA early in the AM
May 9 Leave for Guangzhou at midnight
May 11 Arrive in Guangzhou and fly to Beijing-arrive at 11:55 am
May 13 Tour Great Wall and Forbidden City
May 14 Leave for Guangzhou and I think it is also our "Gotcha Day".
May 15 Legal process
May 16 Local sightseeing
May 17 Orphanage visit (maybe)
May 18-20 I don't know
May 21 Obtain legal documents
May 23 Medical exam
May 24 Consulate Appointment at 10:30am
May 25 Obtain visa for Melina
May 26 Come home!!

Here is an update on Mom. Last Friday her WBC was 0.3. (It should be 5) On Sunday she had a fever of 101.8 so I had to take her to the ER. Fortunately I have some wonderful friends at the hospital that were able to help us and get her isolated right away. I was not wanting her to have to wait for 5 hours in a germ infested ER with no WBC! The short story is they don't know what caused the fever, but it subsided around Tuesday with antibiotics. She has been in the hospital all week because of other complications, but she is being well cared for and should be home maybe Friday or Saturday. This round of chemo is much more difficult than the first. Please pray that she will be able to tolerate it better. If not, I think they will have to make some adjustments.
Anyway, even though so much of my life right now seems like a blur I pray that I would, like Mary, mother of Jesus, be able to treasure all these things in my heart. I so want to remember and tell my children, "Look and see what the Lord has done! This is how He has shown Himself faithful...!"
"To Him be all glory, both now and forever!"

No comments: