Monday, May 7, 2007

One and Half More Sleeps Before Take-Off!

WOW! It is finally happening and I am still having a hard time believing that it is truly happening. When I do realize and allow my mind to stop and think, "We are leaving in just a day basically and we will have Melina very soon" I feel this rush of something go straight to my gut. It must be adrenaline..I don't know and I have to stop thinking and get back to what I am doing.
We are packed and ready and I hope I have everything! While we are gone we will miss Madeline's ballet recital (Meredith's too, but she is also missing it). It should be very beautiful. For those in town that can please find the time to go see it and encourage her while we are away!! We would love it!
We found out today that there has been a change in our hotel stay and we won't be at the infamous White Swan hotel the whole time, but will have to switch on May 20. This will probably save us some money, but I did notice that breakfast is not included with it and it is at WS. It is a good thing I brought lots of instant oatmeal!
This past Sunday our pastor asked if the girls and I could come to church early (Barry was already there). What a special blessing it was to have the elders gather around us, lay hands on us and pray for us! I am so excited about bringing Melina to church for the first time! I imagine holding her in her little asian wrap and her hopefully clinging to me and learning to know I am her mommy. Oh how I yearn for her and to bring her home! I pray that she cries...that she has not yet learned that crying is futile, but if she has, that she would learn to cry so that we can comfort her and show her love.
I probably won't post until we get to China so be sure to keep checking! Hopefully, I won't have trouble viewing it so that we can post and keep you all up to date.
P.S. I saw ML in the grocery store and it is such a great feeling having so many of you excited for us. So thank you so much for rejoicing with us when we are rejoicing and for grieving with us when we have grieved! We have had the spectrum of emotions this year, haven't we? You all are the gospel!!

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

How exciting!!! I can hardly wait!!! We are still praying that God is preparing her heart to meet her family for the first time.

love,
Terrye