Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day 4, Part 3-Answered Prayers!!





Praise God from whom all blessings flow!! They are flowing today! Melina is such a precious gift and a very sweet baby. The "Ning" part of her name means peaceful and I think she really is. I am happy to say that she did cry quite a bit with all the events of the day, but she also endured some major changes too. All the little babies in our group had made a 6 hour drive that morning and Melina did not sleep so she was exhausted! After her cry she settled down a little and slept a little then woke up, looked at me, a stranger, cried some more and then went back to sleep. The next time she woke up though we were able to get some little smiles out of her!! What joy that brings! Unfortunately, every time I went to take a picture the red eye reduction light would distract her and I kept missing her smile. She seems content, especially when we hold her. She is very receptive to us. She enjoys feeling my skin, licking me and rubbing me with her tiny little hands. The pictures are very deceiving. She is quite small. She is 9 1/2 mo. and can fit into 3 mo. clothing. Right now I have her in 6 mo which is a little big, but I am sure not for long. As you can see from these pictures she loves her "Jie Jie" (big sister), Meredith. I am confident she will also adore her "Sissy", Madeline, too! God has been so good during all of this and has certainly answered prayers! All along we and many of you have prayed that Melina's heart would be prepared for us and ours for her and God answered! Thank you!

10 comments:

Julie Rupe said...

Congratulations! Melina is precious. We're so excited for
you. Can't wait to meet her!

Heather said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats! I am so jealous! Abby and I sat here and cried looking at your pics longing for the day when we get to go! We are so happy for you and can't wait to meet her and hear about everything! You are in our prayers! Talk to you soon!
Heather Regnier

Doug and Terrye said...

Oh my word!!! She is so teeny-tiny!!! And a first smile already?!? There are so many "firsts" ahead of you, I delight to see how God is working.

Lisa said...

Tears came to my eyes as I read your blog. What a beautiful baby and beautiful parents as well! I am sure fatigue will hit fairly soon, but the joy will sustain you. I'm so happy for you both and the kids. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey Melina...it's uncle Brian. Can't wait to meet you in person, you've been in our thoughts and prayers. You are beautiful and will be a great addition to the family!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could squeeze those cheeks!!!! Hey it's Aunt Kelly...Melina is adorable. I can't wait to meet her in person. We look forward to seeing you all this summer.

Love to you all!

LuckyGator said...

What an amazing day for you all...Melina is precious! We are all thrilled for you...have a safe trip back and we look forward to seeing you back in Ocala. Meredith, you're such a big girl traveling such a long way! You're amazing too! See you soon, the Kirkpatricks

Connor Register said...

Hallelujah! God is SO AWESOME! We are so thrilled for all FIVE of you!

She is already blossoming with first smiles and acceptance. Just keep holding her and loving on her---as if y'all need to be encouraged to--and she will continue to bloom.

She is tiny, but she will be fine. All our little ones were tiny, and they have caught up.

Thank you so much for letting us share in your joy! We can't wait to meet her (and hopefully) hold her soon!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day for you all. Your new daughter is beautiful and I know she will be a special blessing to your family. I look forward to meeting her - maybe having a hold???
Blessings, Shirley B.

Anonymous said...

It seems so right to see you both holding a baby again. Meredith, you do seem quite a pro at the whole big sister thing. I gave you lots of practice :)
Melina does look very much at home already. She is beautiful!