Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Day 5-It is Official!


Today, Melina is officially and legally ours, in China! We had our two interviews today at the Civil Affairs office this morning and "promised to never leave her or abandon her." I had tears in my eyes as we promised. This whole process is such a beautiful picture of our relationship with God and how He is the One that sought us out. He is the One that loved us first and He is the One that promises never to "leave us or forsake us" no matter how much we mess up. God is so good.
It was quite funny at our first interview. Melina smiles and made raspberry noises at the lady. Some of the others in our group were saying that was Melina's way of saying, "Goodbye, I'm outta here!" I thought that was funny. Tomorrow morning we have her medical exam and in the afternoon we will apply for her passport.
Last night was a great night. She is like clock work! She is following her little schedule they gave us to a tee. She went to sleep at 9 PM and at 4 am when she normally has a bottle she woke me up feverishly sucking on her thumb hoping to get something, I guess. I debated whether to feed her or not, because she wasn't crying, but I decided to feed her to let her know we are here to take care of her. She had her bottle and went right back to sleep. We actually had to wake her this morning so that we could get to our interview so I don't know how long she would have slept. I think we woke her up at a little after 7. It took a little work too.
Right now everyone is sleeping but me. I just returned from dropping off laundry and a little shopping. :)
So far things are going very smoothly. Barry is being such a big help and Meredith is always there ready to help also. In fact she did not go with us today, but stayed behind with another little girl and her GM and I missed having her two little hands!Barry is so sweet. He has already said, we are probably going to have to do this again!
PS: Linda can you email me because I have a question for you and I forget your email.

Addendum to Post - Added a few photos at about 9:30 pm our time. Hope you enjoy them. Love to all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Barry, Shanna, Madeline, Meredith, and Melina!

This is so exciting to hear that it is now official. That is so funny about her blowing "goodbye" raspberries.

Can't wait to see you all,
Kendall and Chrissie

Doug and Terrye said...

How wonderful to hear of the smooth transition. It's good to hear how relaxed she is with you. We're hanging every word (and picture) here at our house.

greta said...

I am sooooo happy for you!!!!! She is just a doll. So beautiful. She is already such a JOY!
I can't wait to meet her in person.
We have been praying for you. I have read EVERY post EVERY day.
Love,
greta

Connor Register said...

Shanna, Barry, & the 3M's :)

Congratulations! I remember that interview process and having to promise to never abandon her. To me, that was a question that didn't need to be asked, but we knew this was hard on the Chinese people to turn loose of their angels. I also remember tears streaming down my face when we put our fingerprints on that paper and Mikayla added her footprint that was her pledge to be ours. The red ink reminded me of Jesus' blood that is his pledge to us.

I will email you but I am not sure if you can access it, so if not, our email is lregister@mfi.net

We so love sharing your joy and drinking in every precious photo.

Linda, Huey, Spencer, Connor & Mikayla

Anonymous said...

Love the pics - keep them coming! Your blog is the 1st thing I do every morning. It is too cool to be able to share this with you half way around the world. Morgan and Brooke have to check it before school too for anything new. Can't wait to see you all at home!
We love you guys
The Reeds

Anonymous said...

Shanna, Barry, and all 3 girls!!! How very exciting! She's beautiful! Wow Madleline, how fun to be able to give your new little sister such a warm welcome. I'm so very happy for each of you. May God bless and grow each of you individually and as a family. May you bring much glory to His name.

Oh, Terrye S. sent me your blog today. I knew vaguly that adoption was in the works for you all. So glad to "catch up"! With
many congratuations and much love,

Jane Carter
(from the GCB co-op , remember?)

Anonymous said...

OppSS!! Congratulations, Meredith on giving your new little sister a warm welcome!!!! Am sorry about that. Am easily confused. Rachel enjoyed reading some of the recent posts with me.

Again, sorry!

Jane

P.S. love the pictures!

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a beautiful post and what a beautiful family.
God's Speed Home
Daleea

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanna! Chrissie sent me an update and I just got caught up on your blog! I had to fight back the tears of joy! I am so thrilled for you and your family and am praising the Lord with you! He is so good, so faithful, so WONDERFUL!

Much love to you and your family!

Christy and the Pixleys
PS. Tell Meredith "Hi" from Abby! :)