Sunday, January 28, 2007

Rollercoasters and Baby Detergent

Let the ride begin or should I say continue? Just as quickly as we get excited about the possibility of being in the February batch we find out that we are not. It seems as if we are going to be waiting until March for our referral. I am at peace with that and know that God is totally in control! His timing will be perfect. As time continues the longing to meet, see, hold, kiss and love Melina only grows. She is in our thoughts and prayers daily. I can sometimes imagine what she may look like and then it is gone. It will be nice to have a picture of her precious face to put with her name and our prayers. I imagine the wait will be even more difficult once the referral comes. At the same time it will pass quicker with all the preparations for travel needing to be done. At least we will be doing something to bring her home.
Speaking of doing, this past weekend Barry got a few totes of baby clothes down from the attic. I had given just about everthing away and that which I did not give away unfortunately reminded me just how much of a spit up baby Meredith was! When I put it away they were clean, but it is amazing how over 7 years spit up shows up again! YUCK! Most of them went in the trash. There were a few things that I could save and those I washed. As the girls and I walked through Target to get baby detergent I was wondering if there was such a thing as HE baby detergent. I was surprised to find the Method brand that is high efficiency compatible. It is wonderful! Let me tell you, they have come a long way in the last 7 years. I just remember the Dreft that hardly had any scent to it. The smell of those clothes is divine. There is something wonderful, peaceful and warm about the smell of baby. It has been so long and we are ready to welcome all of that. You should see the girls. Meredith was eagerly hanging up Melina's outfits in "their" closet and putting things away in her dresser while Madeline had baby blankets pressed up to her nose inhaling the wonderful smell of baby. She wants to hold her and be able to bathe her and have a "baby sister".
So we are ready and while we are waiting we will pray and enjoy the wonderful smell of baby detergent until she gets here! Then it will be stinky diapers! I can't wait to see how eager Madeline is then! :)

No comments: