Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Tender Heart of a Child


Oh,the tender heart of a child! Meredith had been tucked in and prayers said and now it was Madeline's turn. As I go to Madeline's room Meredith is getting back in bed. As I tuck her in for a second time I notice she is hiding something under the covers. I look. It is Meredith's favorite outfit that she wore at her first birthday that she hung in her closet for Melina. She is longing for her "little sister". I tell her that she can't sleep with it and bend to kiss her when she bursts into tears crying for Melina! I am amazed at the amount of love that she already has for her little sister and the longing in her heart to have her here. We prayed together for Melina through her tears, but as I sit hear typing I can still hear Meredith talking to God and Melina, expressing her desire for her. I am thankful for how God is shaping our family through this and the love He is growing in our hearts!

No comments: