Thursday, February 1, 2007

Referrals, Friends, and Feelings

The referrals are in! No, we were not included and that is very okay. It is so exciting to see the pictures of all the little girls and to read others' stories. It is also exciting because we will definitely be included in the next batch! We can confidently say next month we will have our daughter's picture and name! O Happy Day!
Today I was able to spend time with a friend that adopted her little girl a little over a year ago. Thank you, Linda! It was wonderful. More than anything it gave me peace. As I have been reading online about attachment issues and other things I began to get a little overwhelmed. God was able to use today to simply remind me not to be anxious. He is in control and no matter what, it is going to be okay. It blessed my heart to watch as my girls played and interacted with Mikayla. They were sweet and gentle and will be a blessing to Melina and me!
I also had the privilege of seeing another special friend that is in the process of adopting a little girl from Kazachastan. I love being around her excitement!! She is so much fun and I need more of you, GRETA!! :) As I left her house and reflected on all the different emotions I have had I realized for the first time that there is something else mixed with my excitement-an ache. Today, for the first time, my heart ached for my little girl. I am ready.
Just a little longer, Melina, and you will then be with your forever family!

No comments: