Thursday, February 8, 2007

Dad

This post is difficult to do. It is going to be choppy so bear with me. Dad took a turn for the worse this past weekend. I so wish I had a picture of Melina to show him, because he probably won't make it to March. Hospice is here around the clock now. Dad is on 2 oxygen tanks. Yesterday I got here with my girls and Susan's children. Susan was already here. Kelly flew in last night. For never really having a very affectionate father as I watched Dad lie there sleeping I just wanted to wrap my arms around him and hug him. I was able to feed him a little apple sauce and a boost and it breaks my heart. Yet, I am so glad that I was able to do that and that he had a little "alert" time where is eyes were opened. He told me to take good care of mom and her accounts and that his water cup should go to mom because she needs one. (hers broke in their car accident 4 years ago and she hasn't been able to find another good one!) I love him and will miss him.

No comments: