Sunday, February 11, 2007

Update on Dad (a.k.a. Pop Pop)


First, the picture is of Pop Pop at Christmas.

Kelly and I got to Mom and Dad's on Wednesday and Dad did not look good. It was an emotional few days. However, by Thursday afternoon he was looking better and actually wanted a little something to eat! PBJ of all things! That is my favorite,too. Each day he looked a little better, stayed awake a little longer and ate a little more. Hospice Critical Care is probably going to pull out which is great but leaves us with a little dilemma. He still can't really move on his own because he is so weak and anything puts him out of breath and Mom is not able to help him. They still need someone there with them so Susan or myself will be taking turns, I suppose, to help them out.
I am currently back in Ocala for a few days. We will see what happens. Thank you all for your prayers during this time.
We are almost halfway through February which means we are getting REALLY close to having a picture of our little girl! I will be absolutely amazed and excited if I get to drive to Rockledge and show Pop Pop a picture of his new little girl!
There are a thousand things to do since I got back so I will post more later.
Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: