Thursday, March 29, 2007

All Kinds of Stuff Going On

This was supposed to be the nesting post, but that has passed. Other things have taken precedence over organizing! I did thoroughly organize our little teeny weeny closet that my husband and I both share. All those clear shoe boxes were well worth the $20! The rest of the house is a mess, but my closet sure does look good!
We are still waiting for Travel Approval (TA). I am hoping for an early week announcement next week.
I am thoroughly enjoying the blogs of other adoptive families that are currently over in China getting their daughters. It is so moving and exciting. I feel very unprepared and wonder if I will even know what to do.
Here's a quick update on mom. She has been back and forth between my house and Susan's. (We only live 2 streets apart!)
Bone marrow biopsy came back clean so she would be a candidate for Bexxar treatment.(a miracle)
Saw new radiologist oncologist-loved him
Basically overnight developed a very large lymph node in cervical area
Monday-Emergency CT scan
Tuesday-meeting with doctor; blood work; chest x-ray for surgical prep
Wednesday-Biopsy of lymph gland to determine if cancer transformed to more aggressive type.

Now we are waiting for the report and will find out something hopefully on Monday. What it all boils down to though is that she will not be a Bexxar candidate and she will have to undergo the standard 4-6 month chemo. All of this has happened in a span of 3 days!!
Amazing isn't it? One of my recent favorite books is entitled, When Life and Beliefs Collide. It gives an example of how Jesus teaches Mary, Lazarus' sister, "about faith and frees her from 'the incessant need to understand exactly what he is doing before [she places her] confidence in him.' And she discovers that he can be trusted in the worst of circumstances, that no matter how chaotic and hopeless things appear, he is good and nothing is beyond his control."
That is a quote of a quote from Joni Eareckson Tada and Steven Estes, When God Weeps.
I am learning to trust God during this time when I have NO clue to where He is leading or what He is doing! One day at a time.
P.S. I can't figure out how to underline my book titles! I am sure my grammar is all wrong. Please forgive me!
My girls are begging to go to Aunt Susan's swimming so I have got to leave the computer!

No comments: