Sunday, March 11, 2007

Apology

Unfortunately, I have offended someone and I am very sorry. Please understand that I meant NO harm with referring to Asians as having "yellow" skin. I suppose it comes from "Jesus Loves the Little Children of the World." If it is a harmful "stereotype" I regret saying it. I guess I don't think of being stereotyped when people refer to me as "white" even though my skin really isn't white either...well, maybe a few parts are really close to that, so please understand that I did not want to offend anyone and I have thought more about what you said and I will be more careful next time. I have removed that portion from my last post. Thank you for your comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the person that took offense to your blog should stop reading people's personal blogs if they are going to be offended. Not everyone is going to agree with things that are said in blogs, but they should grow up and refrain from making comments like that in your "space". I hope they read this.
Your daughter is beautiful and I hope you get to travel soon to get her. We adopted 16 months ago and are going for #2 and we don't take offense in the name of our child.
God Bless

Anonymous said...

That is just rediculous!! Dont apologize for your comment. This is your blog and the person who took offence should not have posted in the first place. It is not their place to say anything. I totally understand what you were getting at and she must be narrow minded to take offense. Dont worry and your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!!