Sunday, March 18, 2007

Catch Up Time

It has been a while since I have posted. As many of you know a lot has been going on and it is taking a while to get back in the swing of things. Today is Sunday and it is "good to be in the house of the Lord." It has been a month since we have been to our own church and it is good to be back! Our Women's Ministry Council blessed my sister, Susan and I, with a sweet sympathy card and gift certificates for dinner and a movie with our husbands. Babysitting included!! They are awesome! Thank you, Ladies!
Since I last posted I was able to meet a new friend named Yi. She is from China and was able to help translate some of our referral papers. I didn't realize that I would receive some from the agency later, but I am so thankful for her time. She was able to give such wonderful descriptions and insight into our little girl that we just couldn't get from a written translation. It was delightful to meet with her and I feel as if I know my baby better.
I was able to get my care package off to China thanks to my great postman! I sent it USPS and saved over $150! Sorry Jay! Brown was just way too expensive! :) I included Mary Kay products, Dove chocolate, and Florida Salt water taffy for the Nannies, and blankets, sleepers, socks, teethers, photo album and a stuffed animal for Melina and other babies. The photo album and animal was for Melina only, of course. I had everything necessary labeled in Chinese and Melina's picture pinned to the items I meant for her. I hope the nannies show her our photos so she is somewhat familiar with us when we get her. Oh yes, I also included a disposable camera for the Nannies to take pictures of her during our wait! It will be great to have pictures of her from before gotcha day!
It has been almost 2 weeks since our referral and I suppose we will have our Travel Approval in another 2 weeks. Many of us are guessing we will not travel until the first of May due to the Trade Shows that go on in China during April. It makes the place even more hectic and stressful as well as more expensive. They say it is better for baby even to wait.
I applied for our Visas last week and those should come either this week or the next. It is getting closer and I feel WAY behind in preparations! I haven't done a thing! I take mom to Shands tomorrow to see a new oncologist and after we know more what path we will take with her I will better be able to prepare and think more clearly...hopefully. Is that possible??

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

How exciting to send off the package. When Grace was placed in our arms she had the teddy bear and blanket that we had sent her. They had also taken pictures with the camera we sent. We treasure those glimpses of her first home.