Thursday, March 8, 2007

Our Little Sunshine!

 
Posted by Picasa

 

Here she is! We think she is adorable! Our hearts have been growing in love with her for a long time now, even before we knew who she was. Now we are captivated! Madeline and Meredith carry her picture in their pockets so they can show any passer by their new baby sister. She has already been such a bright spot in our lives as we journey through the difficult loss of my father. It is amazing to see God's grace in it all; in the timing of her coming, in His provision, in her beautiful eyes, in the choosing of her name and many others. We have had her name picked out for a while now and I am so glad we chose it. Melina means bright yellow. I imagined her to be such a bright spot in our lives. I also prayed that she would spread sunshine where ever she goes. I have also found recently that her name can mean "honey". I can already tell that she is "sweet as pie!" or more appropriately, "Sweet as honey!" I can't stop looking at her!

3 comments:

Nesting For Natalie said...

She is darling! Hope you travel to her soon!

amy c

Anonymous said...

Um... I'm Asian, and my family is Asian, and our skin is NOT yellow. None of my Asian friends' skin are yellow either. Might want to rethink this racial stereotype.

Doug and Terrye said...

Melina is absolutely beautiful...especially that little sparkle you can see in her eyes. We will be praying for a speedy TA!!!

(Chrissie's friend)
Terrye Shirley